Vero Beach Chiropractor & Pain Management
If you’re looking for a Vero Beach chiropractor that can address your injuries and chronic illnesses, look no further than Charles Bartkus D.C. In our Vero Beach office, Dr. Bartkus can attend to a variety of physical conditions that, if left untreated, may cause steadily increasing pain and discomfort. Some of the most common conditions that chiropractic care can successfully treat are fibromyalgia, sciatica, arthritis, shoulder pain, lower back pain, hip pain, knee pain, joint pain and neck pain.
The Holistic Difference For Pain Management
Many people often turn to painkillers and cumbersome surgeries to address the discomfort that the above-mentioned conditions may cause. However, drugs can have undesirable side effects and surgeries can be quite costly and uncomfortable. The medicinal, invasive solutions are also, in many cases, temporary fixes that have to be endured over long periods of time or used repeatedly in order to get the desired results. Chiropractic care can offer a much more effective approach. Not only can it be used to relieve pain but its main focus is to provide preventative care instead of merely addressing illness and injury after it has already occurred.
There are, of course, some instances when traditional medicine may be required to treat certain problems, and Dr. Bartkus is happy to work in partnership with physicians, nutritional consultants, physical therapists or other healthcare providers when necessary. In fact, it’s not uncommon these days for medical doctors to refer patients to chiropractors that eventually become an important part of the patient’s primary care team. In a study cited by the National Institutes for Health, researchers concluded that chiropractic care was an effective treatment for patients suffering from chronic lower back pain and other types of chronic physical ailments.
In addition to relieving pain, chiropractors can also advise patients on self-management techniques such as posture correction and biomechanics monitoring, which helps to put them on the pathway to ongoing “whole-body” healing and wellness.
Treatment offerings include:
- Spinal Manipulation - a manual adjustment that chiropractors use, to manipulate the spine and coax misaligned joints back into place. This helps to relieve painful compression or swelling.
- Physical Therapy - centers on patient education and the performance of specific exercises to help improve strength, flexibility and general mobility.
- Massage Therapy - when used regularly, massage treatments can help to loosen tight muscles, improve circulation, relieve pain and reduce stressful emotions.
- Acupuncture - the use of this ancient form of Chinese medicine helps to locate connected areas of pain in the body. Hand pressure or pin pricks are then applied to specific "hot spots" on the body that will help restore the physical and emotional imbalances that may be causing pain or discomfort.
- Weight Loss Programs - nutritional counseling helps to educate patients about good and bad food combinations and promotes sustainable healthy eating habits.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Vero Beach Today!
As a chiropractor Vero Beach, FL residents can call on for all types of pain management issues, Bartkus Chiropractic Center is also happily serving patients in the Lakewood Park, Indian River County, Fellsmere, Roseland & Winter Beach areas.
Call today to schedule an appointment for your consultation 772-569-0500. Get on the pathway to holistic healing and freedom from chronic pain as quickly as possible. We look forward to serving all of your wellness needs!